Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8 days and counting

I can't believe Christmas is so close. I have been busy with lots of shopping, Holiday parties, decorating, Christmas cards, and of course working on my Christmas journal. The kids will be out of school on Friday until January and I am so not ready for that. Last Friday we decorated Granny's homemade gingerbread's. It is an entry in my Christmas book that could take up to 5 pages. I am going to have trouble deciding on which picture to use for sure. Granny made 6 gingerbread's this year. Danielle invited Gabby and Matt invited 3 friends Ryan, Gian Carlo, and Joesph. The day before he invited one more, his friend Ronnie without consulting me and poor granny had to whip up another gingerbread that morning. She is simply amazing. This year we had 2 visitors helping to decorate. Aunt Jean and daddy. I think we have been doing this for 10 years and it is the first time daddy has joined us. Being slow at work can sometimes be a good thing. I think next year now that he saw what he was missing he will make it a point to join us on this gingerbread decorating day. One good thing about the slow economy.

No comments: