Sunday, March 15, 2009

Artistic Trading Card #1 unveiled

I have finished my March project!!! It is not due until the end of the month but once I got started making these ATC's I couldn't stop. I spent alot of time researching them first for inspiration. I never saw any done on transparencies so I decided to try it( This is one of them with white cardstock behind it). Some of them are very bulky which I am not sure is kosher in the ATC world but I am happy with them as a whole and think they show my style well. I am not going to share them all yet, maybe one a day until they are due. My theme was ice princess, which really threw me. I found some vintage skating images that really got me inspired on my theme and played with them digitally to add them to my cards. Each card contains a word that is a quality of an ice princess. When I wrote these qualities down I thought to myself that Danielle has all of these qualities too, but she is in no way an ice princess.. per say. So I turned it into the theme for my layout...A picture of her dressed like a princess and the journaling reads... "You can be anything you set your mind to be little girl... even an Ice Princess". I really do believe this and I say it to my kids all the time that they can be anything and do anything they set their mind to. When Danielle saw the completed layout last night she said "WOW mom", and that is what this is all about for me... creating something that means something even if it is just a DT assignment. Ps A very good friend of mine... :) is selling some adorable one of a kind custom switch plates on Etsy. Take a look and add some flair to you home for Spring. I Just love the Hambly owl and bird one's!!! take a peek... www.kac4470.etsy.com

1 comment:

ckmom78 said...

these are great , off to check out the etsy shop...